Friday, January 14, 2011

Japanese Fern Tree


My first introduction to the Japanese fern tree was at the Starbuck’s Coffee across from my office in Doral.  Their courtyard is lined with several of these trees, and they are absolutely beautiful; they have a sculptured appearance and provide this wonderful canopy for shade.  I cut off a branch one day and headed to the nursery in search of a specimen.  I procured a small tree for about $90; today they are much more common and popular and therefore much cheaper to purchase.  I planted my tree out by my lake about 150’ from my house.  I love the tree, but it has shown little growth after 18 months; still, I am hopeful it will eventually take off and turn into a beautiful tree.
Japanese Fern Tree - close up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment